(Makes 1 loaf)
3/4 cup of desiccated coconut (or slightly more if batter is too liquid)
1 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of butter (140g)
1 tablespoon of mild-flavored honey
1 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 deg Fahrenheit (150 deg cel) – Note that the oven temperature has to be this low so that the almond meal and coconut flour does not turn brown so easily.
2. Heat a saucepan over low heat and melt better. Turn off the heat and allow butter to cool for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir in the honey (if using) and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
4. Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat them. Add the salt, baking powder, almond meal, and butter mixture, ans stir well.
5. Add the coconut flour and stir well with the other ingredients until homogeneous. If necessary, add a bit more coconut flour. (Note that the batter should be easy to pour into the loaf pan. It should not be too thick that you have to scoop it into the pan.)
6. Pour batter into a well-buttered loaf pan.
7. Bake for around 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow bread to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before using a knife to go around the edges, then removing the bread from the pan.
9. Once bread has cooled completely, slice into thin pieces and serve with butter and jams or whatever spreads you like.
10. To store, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator or freezer.