First published in the New York Times by Marian Burros in 1983, the recipe had been given to her by Lois Levine. The recipe was published every year during plum season between then and 1995.
If you have never tried it, it is time now!
- 125g four
- 1 teasp. baking soda
- 200g sugar
- 115g butter(room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 12 small plumps
- 2 tb.sp. lemmon juice
- 1 tb.sp. cinnamon
- Mix flour with baking soda.
- Mix room temperature butter with sugar, add eggs one by one, mix it with mixer.
- Mix both batters together.
- Place batter on baking tray.
- Arrange the plums, skin side up, all over the batter, covering it. Sprinkle the top with lemon juice, then cinnamon.
- Bake in 180C preheater oven for about 40-45min, until cake is golden and a toothpick comes out free of batter.