There is another one bread recipe, which I made today. And it is a winner so far. Not too wet, can feel crunchy seeds. Very happy 🙂
1 cup almond meal (or ¾ cup raw almonds ground into a fine meal)
3/5 cup sesame seeds
½ cup golden flaxseed meal
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2/5 cup water
1¼ teaspoon salt
A handful of sesame seeds for sprinkling on top of batter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit ( 175 deg Celcius)
2. Grease a medium loaf pan and line it with baking paper (this makes it easier to remove the loaf)
3. Combine the almond meal, sesame seeds, flaxseed meal, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds and salt together, and mix well.
4. Add in the water and the five eggs all at once, and stir well until you get a homogeneous batter
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds evenly on the top
6. Bake in oven for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
7. Let bread fully cool in pan before removing and slicing into thin pieces.
(Makes 1 loaf)
3/4 cup of desiccated coconut (or slightly more if batter is too liquid)
1 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of butter (140g)
1 tablespoon of mild-flavored honey
1 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 deg Fahrenheit (150 deg cel) – Note that the oven temperature has to be this low so that the almond meal and coconut flour does not turn brown so easily.
2. Heat a saucepan over low heat and melt better. Turn off the heat and allow butter to cool for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir in the honey (if using) and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
4. Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat them. Add the salt, baking powder, almond meal, and butter mixture, ans stir well.
5. Add the coconut flour and stir well with the other ingredients until homogeneous. If necessary, add a bit more coconut flour. (Note that the batter should be easy to pour into the loaf pan. It should not be too thick that you have to scoop it into the pan.)
6. Pour batter into a well-buttered loaf pan.
7. Bake for around 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow bread to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before using a knife to go around the edges, then removing the bread from the pan.
9. Once bread has cooled completely, slice into thin pieces and serve with butter and jams or whatever spreads you like.
10. To store, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator or freezer.