2 tablespoons coconut flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1 tablespoon coconut milk (or almond milk)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
optional: chocolate chips
In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, and baking powder.
Add egg, peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla and mix to combine Thoroughly.
Fill into a large mug and microwave on high for about 2 ½ minutes. Start checking at about 2 minutes. Let sit for a couple minutes before eating.
Optionally top with chocolate chips or crushed peanuts.
Here are some tips:
- Although you could prepare the batter right in the mug, to ensure even mixing, stir everything very well in a small bowl and then transfer to your mug.
- Using a straight-sided mug ensures the cake is cooked evenly. It should fit at least 12 fl.oz. (Or divide the batter into small tea cups for several small desserts.)
- Microwaves differ. These recipes all take about 2.5 minutes on high, but check at 2 minutes until you figure out your microwave’s sweet spot.
- Let the mug cakes cool for a couple minutes before you dig in. But you do want to enjoy them warm.
- Top the cakes to your hearts desire with whipped (coconut) cream, chocolate chips, nuts etc.