Cake aka Tiramisu
- 200ml Whipping cream
- 250g. Mascarpone
- 4-5 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 gelatine leaf
- Sponge Cake ( You can find recipe here)
- 3 tsp. Coffee granules
- Boiling water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Cocoa power
- Mix whipping cream with half of powdered sugar.
- Mix mascarpone with another half of sugar.
- Prepare gelatine under the instructions. (Use as little water as possible).
- Mix both creams with mixer, slowly add gelatine.
- Do not over mix.
- Prepare coffee.
- Slice sponge cake into 4 layers.
- Generously pour coffee mixture all over the sponge.
- Add cream and repeat until you put last sponge cake layer and cover with cream.
- Leave in the fridge overnight. Then generously sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- 300g Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 80g. Bread starter
- 300 ml Warm water
- Mix bread starter with water, add flour.
- Leave to rise 3-5h. at room temperature.
- After dough raised double, prepare baking tray. Generously cover it with butter, then with oil.
- Add dough into the baking tray, punch it down the to release the air, cover it with oil, cover with a cloth and leave it to rise again for 1hour or so. It depends how warm is in your home.
- Then, again, cover dough with more oil, carefully spread it all over surface.
- Dimple the entire surface of the dough with fingers.
- Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice: Salt, herbs, olives and etc.
- Bake in 200C preheated oven for about 30min.
Cake with an airy, light sponge and rich cream filling. It’s simple enough for an afternoon tea but special enough for a party too.
For the 15cm cake:
- 3 small eggs
- 100g sugar
- 85g flour
- 1t.s. baking powder
- Whisk eggs with sugar for about 10min. The texture should be white and almost firm.
- Pour oil and whisk for little bit more.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Carefully stir flour mixture with spatula into egg batter.
- Bake in 175C preheated oven for about 30min.
- Batter will rise a lot, but after it cooling down it will shrink .
- Leave to cool down completely.
For the cream:
- 1 box Mascarpone
- 1C Whipping cream
- 0.5 Caramel (canned)
- 2 tbs Powdered sugar
- Black currant jam.
- Mix mascarpone with caramel.
- Mix whipping cream with powdered sugar and whisk until it doubles and firm.
- Careful with spatula, mix both batters together.
For wetting cake:
- 0.5 C Black tea with 1.5 tsp sugar
Assembling the cake:
- Cut sponge cake into 3-4 layers.
- On first layer add little bit of black tea. Then cover it with thin layer of black currant jam. Put cream on top.
- Put on another sponge cake layer on top and repeat until all layers will be cowered with cream.
- Leave cake in the fridge for at least 24h, then decorate as you like.
- Croissant fresh dough (1 pack)
- Brown sugar
- Butter (melted)
Unwrap dough on the table. Pour melted butter with a brush. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll over, cut into 6 peaces, place it on baking tray or muffin tray and bake 180C for about 15min, or check label.